lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Patch - IndexReader methods and MultiSearcher methods...
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:55:27 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>
>> I *realize* that there are other ways to do this but we have some
>> legacy code that can't be rewritten right now.   Thus the change to
>> protected and using a reloadable implementation.
>

> Changing Lucene's API to be back-compatible with an altered version of
> Lucene is not a compelling argument for this change.

Oh... maybe I wasn't explaining myself correctly.  I have my *own*
version of an IndexSearcher in my own package that extends
IndexSearcher.  The protected is just so that I can extend it ;)

Anyway... its not a big deal if you -1 me...

> I don't have a problem with those.  They seem like fine additions.  I
> probably don't have time to commit them today, but will try to get to
> it tomorrow if no one else does first.

Sweet!  Thanks!  Thats 99% there so I'm happy :)

Kevin

get a free iPod!