lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch - IndexReader methods and MultiSearcher methods...
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:08:39 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> I *realize* that there are other ways to do this but we have some legacy
> code that can't be rewritten right now.   Thus the change to protected
> and using a reloadable implementation.

Changing Lucene's API to be back-compatible with an altered version of
Lucene is not a compelling argument for this change.

> Anyway... adding protected doesn't seem like the end of the world. If
> you don't want to add it thats fine but there are two other patches
> there which aren't very controversial so I'd like to get those accepted :)

I don't have a problem with those.  They seem like fine additions.  I
probably don't have time to commit them today, but will try to get to it
tomorrow if no one else does first.

Cheers,

Doug