lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: Javadoc not available due to non-public classes?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:55:43 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> You know ... the javadoc on the site doesn't include non-public classes
> like TermInfosWriter.  Confused me for a second.

That's because it's not public.  The javadoc on the site is to document
the public api.  This is not a bug, but a feature.

> Also.. the site doesn't have JXR output for Lucene.  Would be nice to
> have.  Maven essentially gives you this for free...

If you would like to provide a patch to upgrade Lucene to use Maven,
educate Lucene developers about Maven, and help to run it,  that would
be great!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message