lucene-dev mailing list archives

From John Haxby <>
Subject Re: problems again
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:00:02 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Yes, I'm also experiencing spotty DNS issues with -
> I can browse to it through the web, but my e-mail server cannot send
> to the new e-mail lists (for svn commits and PMC only right now).
> Shouldn't DNS updates be quicker than this?  It's been a week since it
> was set up.

Yes, they should.   My guess is that the DNS servers are
having updates pushed to them and that the push, for one reason or
another didn't happen.   Generally (assuming the DNS servers are bind)
you can fix this by stopping the bind, deleting the slave copy of the zone and restarting.   You can probably get away with
changing the serial number for the zone in the name server as
well.   I'm sure the folks that manage the domain know how to
fix the problem though -- I'd be surprised if this was the first time it
has happened.   Do you know who to contact Erik?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message