lucene-dev mailing list archives

From John Haxby <...@scalix.com>
Subject Re: What does [] do to a query and what's up with lucene.apache.org?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:39:37 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I've seen that too.... it worked fine for a while, and then no
> longer.  I thought it might be a temporary DNS thing.

I think it is.   The DNS does take a little while to settle down when a
new name appears: it's only just appeared in my ISP.   When I was
managing my (old) company's server it could take about a day for changes
to propagate around the world.  I generally tried to make changes a
couple of days in advance of using the new name on the web site to be
absolutely sure.

jch