lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: lucene.apache.org
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:48:42 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> I've amended my request for e-mail lists here with Doug's preference:
>>
>>     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-195
>

> Do others agree this is the best approach?  I don't mean to be
> autocratic.  Do we imagine different pools of users and developers for
> different Lucene sub-projects, or one big pool for all of them?  I
> assume they'll be mostly disjoint.

Personally I'm in favor of separate lists for subprojects, with a
separate list for the top level for discussing things like changing file
formats and other stuff that more than one port would need to be
concerned about.  I didn't bring it up before since I'm the new kid on
the block and I didn't want to seem presumptuous.

-garrett