lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene.apache.org
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:45:54 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I've amended my request for e-mail lists here with Doug's preference:
>
>     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-195

Do others agree this is the best approach?  I don't mean to be
autocratic.  Do we imagine different pools of users and developers for
different Lucene sub-projects, or one big pool for all of them?  I
assume they'll be mostly disjoint.

> A new name now too?

I don't really want to open that can of worms if we can help it.  If
folks are okay with "Lucene Java" then we're done.  I mostly just meant
to point out that we *are* coining a new name, so we should state that,
agree on what it means, and start using it.  I'm perfectly content with
"Lucene Java" as a name for the project formerly known as "Jakarta
Lucene".  So unless we hear vigorous objections, let's go with that.

Doug