lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What does [] do to a query and what's up with lucene.apache.org?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:53:32 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I'm really at the limit of my bandwidth - I've got the sandbox
> restructuring effort on my plate right now and would like it if someone
> could pick up the ball on the web site side of things.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have redirected everything to
lucene.apache.org...

We need to fix this ASAP.  I just checked out the java lucene docs in
http://lucene.apache.org/java/.  Now we just need to fixup the
redirects, so that http://lucene.apache.org/ and
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/ both redirect to
http://lucene.apache.org/java/.

How did you implement the redirect?  It's not a meta redirect, so they
must be in the web server configuration?  How does one change that?

It's worth looking at what various search engines list for Lucene and
making sure that those links are not broken:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=+site%3Aapache.org+lucene
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=lucene+site%3Aapache.org
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Aapache.org+lucene

Doug