lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: lucene.apache.org
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:30:52 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> I have checked out our current site to the lucene.apache.org area,
>> and  I've also set up a redirect from the jakarta.apache.org/lucene area.
>

> Keep in mind, there are two projects here:
>
> 1. Porting Java Lucene's site to Forrest.  This should be structured as
> a sub-project of lucene.apache.org.  It should be maintained in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs/.
>
> 2. Building a new site for lucene.apache.org.  This should initially
> contain a single sub-project, "Lucene Java".  This site should be
> maintained in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/site/.
>
> We expect to shortly be adding more sub-projects, and we don't want to
> have to re-structure the site again soon, so let's structure it for the
> long-term from the start.  Make sense?

Agreed.  Java Lucene is a subproject of the Lucene TLP, leaving the
existing Java Lucene site there for the time being seems ok, just so we
have something there, but we should endeavour to put up something more
permanent ASAP.

Another thing we might want to think about is that there is some
documentation in the Java Lucene site that might fit better in the top
level, like file formats and other things that are expected to be
consistent across the various implementations.  I'd like to see us make
room in the top level for that sort of thing, in addition to things like
links to subprojects and whatnot.

-garrett