lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene.apache.org
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:20:38 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I have checked out our current site to the lucene.apache.org area, and
> I've also set up a redirect from the jakarta.apache.org/lucene area.

Keep in mind, there are two projects here:

1. Porting Java Lucene's site to Forrest.  This should be structured as
a sub-project of lucene.apache.org.  It should be maintained in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs/.

2. Building a new site for lucene.apache.org.  This should initially
contain a single sub-project, "Lucene Java".  This site should be
maintained in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/site/.

We expect to shortly be adding more sub-projects, and we don't want to
have to re-structure the site again soon, so let's structure it for the
long-term from the start.  Make sense?

Do we need a separate logo for Lucene Java? Now I'm beginning to see the
need for Murray Altheim's logo work:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg07799.html

If we adopted this, then we could use the same font to easily generate
logos for "Lucene Java", "Lucene 4c", "Lucene .Net", etc.  Some
potential sub-projects (e.g., Nutch) already have distinct logos, but it
might make sense to use similar logos for ports.

Doug