lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] lucene4c 0.02
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:58:40 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Garrett,
>
> Now that we have Subversion, are you interested in us creating an area
> for lucene4c at Apache?

I'd be happy to move lucene4c development to Apache, I'm getting to the
point where the project resembles something that could be useful, and
the ASF infrastructure would make it easier for people other than me to
contribute.  I mean it's not like I can't set up my own mailing lists,
bug trackers, and Subversion repositories, but it's a heck of a lot
easier to just use the ones at the ASF ;-)

> Does your code warrant incubation?  Or could it go right into Lucene's
> repository?

I'm not really sure what the proper course of action is, but after a
quick look at the incubator documentation, it seems like the primary way
projects are supposed to enter the ASF is through the incubator.

One thing that worries me a bit is that at this point the only
contributor to the project is myself, and it seems like the incubator
might consider that to be a bit of a warning sign.  It would certainly
seem to be something that would prevent graduation from incubation, but
I'm not sure if it's enough to keep it from entering incubation entirely.

What is the procedure from here?

-garrett