lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] lucene4c 0.02
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:14:46 GMT
I'm happy to announce the release of version 0.02 of Lucene4c, a port of
Lucene to the C language using the Apache Portable Runtime.

The primary new feature in this release is support for compressed file
stream directories, and along with that comes a directory abstraction
similar to that found in Java Lucene and a large number of bug fixes.

This release also brings with it an actual web site, where this and
previous versions of the code can be downloaded.

http://electricjellyfish.net/garrett/lucene4c/

Now that compressed file streams are supported I will likely turn my
attention to writing code to read the remaining parts of the index
format, and then continue onward towards actual useful searching
functionality.

Again, any feedback, questions, comments, or patches implementing parts
of the missing functionality should be directed to me ;-)

-garrett