lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject whither sandbox
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:47:46 GMT
So, now that we've got the sandbox in the same source tree let's decide
what we want to do with it.  I have previously argued that we should
make sure that sandbox code should be tagged and released in parallel
with core code (http://tinyurl.com/5d6tx).  Now that should be easy.
But how should we do it?

Here's my proposal:
   1. Move sandbox/contributions to src/contrib;
   2. Change build.xml to build, test & package sandbox packages too.
   3. Change sandbox build.xml's to build in a top-level build/contrib
directory, and package into a top-level dist/contrib directory, so that
no files are written in src/contrib.

Once this is done, then:

  "ant compile" will compile all core and contributed code, building
something like:

     build/
       classes/  -- core classes
       contrib/
         highlighter/ -- highlighter classes

  "ant test" will test all core and contributed code

  "ant dist" will create something like:

       dist/
         lucene-XX.tar.gz
         lucene-XX.zip