lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to search.apache.org
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:43:45 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> I think we want Java Lucene to be a sub-project of Lucene.  So the
>> repository should be something like:
>>
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java
>

> I already put in the request for this initial svn structure:
>
>     /asf/lucene
>             /trunk/
>                 /sandbox/
>             /branches/
>             /tags/
>
> svn move is an inexpensive and easy operation - so let's run with this
> structure to get our existing stuff in, and refactor it ourselves once
> we're in.

Okay, if you like.  Anyone on the lucene PMC will be able to reorganize.
  But once we import the code we'll want to rearrange things before we
give comitters access.  Non-PMC comitters will generally only have
access to subprojects, and some perhaps the site.  Changes to access
must go through infrastucture.  So we should re-org before we start
adding committers, no?

Doug