lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: Fwd: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:13:44 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> The decision was a bit slow to get out, but Lucene has been approved for
> TLP.

Thanks for pushing this through!

> propose we simply import our two CVS repositories in with all of
> jakarata-lucene as the root of the repository and jakarta-lucene-sandbox
> under "sandbox" in the root.  We can shuffle things around once we get
> it all into svn using "svn move" nicely.
> Thoughts?

I think we want Java Lucene to be a sub-project of Lucene.  So the
repository should be something like:

Then if we add dotLucene, it will go in something like:

In each of these we'll have subdirectories named trunk, branches, tags,
etc.  Folks will generally check out and work on 'trunk'.

We should also have a repository for the top-level project's website.
This could be:

This does not need subdirectories.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: