lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject more sandbox questions
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:50:23 GMT
XML-Indexing-Demo - I propose this be moved to an "examples" area if we
keep it at all.

parsers - Is anyone using the PDF parser here?

taglib - my bad in committing this in the first place - its not well
implemented and of marginal use.  I propose to remove it entirely.

miscellaneous - I propose that when moved to contrib/util.

similarity & spellchecker - I propose this be combined with the
contrib/util.

Thoughts on these?

The contrib area should be useful add-ons to Lucene's core, and isn't
really appropriate for examples/demos, it seems to me.

The tricky pieces are miscellaneous, similarity, and spellchecker.
These are tiny by themselves and putting them in a util area and
packaging them altogether seems ok to me at one level, but does it make
more sense to keep these completely separate?

On a related note, should we combine snowball in with analyzers?  Or
leave it on its own still?

	Erik