lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to proceed with Bug 31841 - MultiSearcher problems with Similarity.docFreq() ?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:08:24 GMT
Chuck Williams wrote:
> Christoph Goller writes:
>   > You may be right. But I am not completely convinced. I think
>   > this should be decided based on the proposed benchmark evaluation.
>
> Is that still happening?

Like anything else in an all-volunteer operation, it will only happen if
folks volunteer to do it.  Someone needs to take the lead and index a
reference collection with a couple of different Similarity
implementations and post the code and the results of various searches
for folks to evaluate.  Chuck?

Doug