lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: How to proceed with Bug 31841 - MultiSearcher problems with Similarity.docFreq() ?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:13:10 GMT
Chuck Williams wrote:
> As Wolf does, I hope a committer with deep knowledge of Lucene's design
> in this area will weigh in on the issue and help to resolve it.

The root of the bug is in  This should construct
a Weight, weight the query, then score the now-weighted query.

Here's a potential way to fix it:

1. Replace all of the

    ... search(Query, ...)

methods in with

    ... search(Weight, ...)

2. Add search(Query, ...) convenience methods to which do
something like:

   public ... search(Query query, ...) {
      return search(query.weight(this), ...);

3. Update the search() methods in IndexSearcher, MultiSearcher and
RemoteSearchable to operate on Weight's instead of queries.

Does that make sense?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message