lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "integer [daniel prawdzik]" <inte...@trist.de>
Subject -> Grouping Search Results by Clustering Snippets:
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:17:24 GMT
Grouping Search Results by Clustering Snippets:

The presentation of search engines are typically long unsorted lists of
results. To find the page you’re looking for, is often time-consuming
and unsatisfying.
Showing the results in groups by similar  topics is a quite more
suitable solution to give an user a quick overview over the results.
This can be done by a technology called cluster analysis. Actually I’m
working on my diploma master thesis about this topic. In my
understanding, it’s too nice to be born for the archive, so I want to
implement this feature in an opensource software. The coding of this
programm already gone pretty far, I’ve got some tests done and the
results are impresive and might still get better [you can see some
results on http://www.trist.de/CV/Text-Mining/ -> sorry, only in german]

To make a long story short:
I’m wondering, if this is an attractive feature for the lucene
community?

regards,
integer