lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <>
Subject RE: Boolean Scorer
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:12:40 GMT

Would there be a way to get the best of both worlds?  E.g., could you
factor the specializable score combination differently, so that one
method was called with each new score to generate a state entity, while
a final method computed the score from the state.  For both sum and max,
the state entity could just be a float, not requiring an array.  The
final operation for the sum with coord case would do the coord.  I
haven't looked at the code carefully enough to see if this actually
works, but it seemed worth mentioning.

View raw message