lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene jGuru FAQ
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:52:00 GMT
On Dec 30, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 21:09, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>
>> Hm, mailing list sw doesn't like messages >100K in size nor ZIP
>> attachments.  I'm sending the FAQ to Daniel directly.
>
> As all FAQ items from the jGuru FAQ are now copied to the new FAQ, is
> it
> possible to replace the FAQ at jGuru with a link to the Wiki FAQ? I
> fear
> that if we don't remove the old FAQ people will still find it and
> consider
> it up-to-date.

I really doubt jGuru would want to do that.  It is important for them
to have quality content (and they use Lucene for their search system
too - case study of it in Lucene in Action).

The best option for dealing with the jGuru situation is probably to
simply make the wiki the official FAQ and not link to jGuru's site as
the official one any more (but still link to it somewhere on the wiki
for additional resources).  Many folks seem to prefer to ask questions
at these other forums rather than join the user e-mail list for some
reason.  In fact, Otis and I are going to be featured guests at
JavaRanch next week answering questions about Lucene in the Other Open
Source Projects forum.

	Erik