lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: do we need two FAQs?
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:46:57 GMT
I still view the wiki as the best place for the "FAQ", however it is
described.  As a committer with far too many "commitments", I'd prefer
to see a community maintained FAQ rather than one that requires us
committers to maintain it in source code control.

	Erik

On Dec 20, 2004, at 11:23 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Wikis have their place as information repositories.  It sounds like
> what you are describing is not a FAQ, though, no?  I'm all for using
> Lucene Wiki as we are currently using - scratch pad, whiteboard,
> community tips, etc.  I think the FAQ is a slighly different beast,
> hence my double-checking with lucene-dev people.
>
> I'm still unsure about the best setup, so I'll wait a little longer to
> hear some more opinions.
>
> Otis
>
> --- Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 19, 2004, at 8:37 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>>> OK.
>>> Is this _really_ what everyone's okay with?  I'm asking because
>> once we
>>> put the FAQ onto Wiki we:
>>>
>>> 1. no longer have authoritative FAQ - anyone can write to the FAQ
>>> 2. we have to monitor the Wiki FAQ for correctness