lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Migration to SVN?
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:26:32 GMT
Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:
> I am not a commiter (just an happy user!), but I would suggest the
> following layout:
>
> asf-repo/
>   jakarta/
>     lucene/
>       trunk/
>          core/
>          sandbox/
>       branches/
>       tags/
>
> This layout will allow tags and branches of both core and sandbox to
> be kept in sync without any effort.
>
> Does this make any sense?

Six of one, half dozen of the other.  Honestly, I prefer to split the
projects out and give them their own trunk/branches/tags directories,
just because it seems cleaner to me and additionally because it's the
way other projects I've known at the ASF run things.  I like to be able
to look in the branches and tags directory and know what the
tags/branches correspond to immediately, as opposed to this kind of
layout where a branch/tag could be just the core, just the sandbox,
both, etc.  You wouldn't want to always branch/tag both, but sometimes
you might, the ambiguity bothers me.

-garrett