lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <bmes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: kick-start: Lucene to top-level project
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:54:44 GMT
Anwsering the questions found at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaPMCTopLevelProjectApplication,
lucene would be a good candidate for becoming a TLP. Bringing Nutch and
all the available Lucene ports under one big umbrella sounds really cool
to me.
I think many other lucene developers, not only myself,  also have some
big interrest on what's going within the nutch community. Having both
projects hosted by the same organization, would bring developers closer
together, which are working in the same area but on different projects
now. Regarding to information sharing, thishis could be a big win for
both sides.

Currently i'm not able to see how much adminitrative work this will
raise. Are there any known apache projects already moved from a
subproject to TLP ? Maybe they could give us some important hints what
effort will come over the community.

So there is a +1 from me moving to TLP. I also would be glad to help on
the technical work, whenever there is some rare free time which allows it.

Bernhard