lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: kick-start: Lucene to top-level project
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:19:46 GMT
On Dec 10, 2004, at 4:10 PM, Terry Steichen wrote:
> Regarding Nutch, I gather it uses the standard Lucene library?  I keep
> seeing references on this (or maybe it's the users') list suggesting
> people might find some answers to some of their questions by examining
> the Nutch code.  Might there be some way to formally cross-reference
> relevant code in the part of Nutch that uses Lucene in clever/useful
> ways?

In the Analysis chapter of Lucene in Action, I cover a bit about the
pretty special NutchAnalyzer, and how queries get parsed.  Its a fair
bit more sophisticated than what Lucene offers itself.  Also in LIA is
a case study of Nutch written by one of the key developers - Michael
Carafella.

As for cross-referencing - just pull down the Nutch source and grep for
"org.apache.lucene" :)

	Erik