lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Boolean Scorer
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:24:26 GMT
On Sunday 12 December 2004 04:01, Chuck Williams wrote:

> I maintain the belief that max is *required* to implement reasonable
> multi-field searching (1).

Could you give a small example -- preferably a test case -- that shows what
the problem is? I know it has been discussed before but I hadn't been able
to follow that discussion closely enough. I assume the problem is in the
scoring, not in MultiFieldQueryParser. MultiFieldQueryParser has a
different problem, namely that it doesn't correctly work with AND queries.
Or is that the issue you're talking about? Anyway, that will be fixed
soon.

Regards
 Daniel

--