lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject setLowercaseWildcardTerms and FuzzyQueries
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:12:23 GMT
Hi,

QueryParser's setLowercaseWildcardTerms doesn't affect FuzzyQueries. So
qp.parse("Axaaa~0.7"); will parse to field:Axaaa~0.7 by default (note the
uppercase A). Is there any reason for this? I'd suggest to change
setLowercaseWildcardTerms so that it also affects FuzzyQueries -- as it's
true by default, this is a change in runtime behaviour that must of course
be documented. Any objections? I'm aware that the "Wildcard" name won't
fit well anymore, suggestions for a better name are welcome.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de