lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Boolean Scorer
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:45:17 GMT
Chuck,

On Friday 10 December 2004 22:16, Chuck Williams wrote:
> I'm just a user and haven't tried Paul's DisjunctionScorer yet, but I
> must say this sounds like a great idea.  The ability to specialize
> combineScores() is a significant advantage. ...

In the latest version I dropped the combineScores() and inlined
the summing (in advanceAfterCurrent()).
The main reason is that passing the scoring values of the scorers
in an array does not scale well, ie. it will always cost an amount of
work in proportion to the number of scorers, even if only one of
them actually has a score.

Changing this is should be no problem, though.

Regards,
Paul Elschot