lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] search.apache.org
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:05:35 GMT
I created a draft proposal here:

	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/TopLevelProposal

I placed Doug as Chair and the committers I could see handy in my
Lucene e-mail folder as initial PMC members.  Committers - feel free to
add or remove yourself from that list.  Henri - do you want to be on
the PMC also?   The PMC is defined as:

"Each Project Management Committee shall be responsible for the active
management of one or more projects identified by resolution of the
Board of Directors which may include, without limitation, the creation
or maintenance of "open-source" software for distribution to the public
at no charge. Subject to the direction of the Board of Directors, the
chairman of each Project Management Committee shall be primarily
responsible for project(s) managed by such committee, and he or she
shall establish rules and procedures for the day to day management of
project(s) for which the committee is responsible."

Let's discuss and modify this proposal soon.  Once this has been agreed
upon I'll send this to the Jakarta PMC.

	Erik