lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Does QueryParser uses Analyzer ?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:02:14 GMT
On Nov 30, 2004, at 10:42 AM, Ricardo Lopes wrote:
> Does the QueryParser class really uses the Analyzer passed to the
> parse method ?

Absolutely.

> I look at the code and i dont the object beeing used anywhere in the
> class. The problem is that i am writting an application with lucene
> that searches using a foreign language with latin characters, the
> indexing works fine, but the search aparently doesn't call the
> Analyzer.

look at the getFieldQuery method.  It uses it to extract the tokens
from each part of the query (phrases and stand-alone terms).

> Here is an example:
> i have a file that contains the following word: memória
> if i search for: memoria (without the puntuation charecter in the o)
> it finds the word, which is correct
> if i search for: memória (the exact same word) it doesn't find the
> word, because the QueryParser splits the word to "mem ria", but if the
> analyzer were called the "ó" would be replaced to "o". I guess the
> analyzer isn't called, is this right?

What Analyzer are you using?  My guess is that your analyzer is what
did the splitting, though it could be something fishy in how you got
the string into QueryParser in the first place?

	Erik