lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/test/org/apache/lucene/queryParser TestQueryParser.java
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:54:59 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 6:14 PM, dnaber@apache.org wrote:

> dnaber      2004/11/23 15:14:31
>
>   Modified:    src/test/org/apache/lucene/queryParser
> TestQueryParser.java
>   Log:
>   adapt to new typesafe API
>
>   -    qp.setOperator(QueryParser.DEFAULT_OPERATOR_OR);
>   +    qp.setDefaultOperator(QueryParser.OR_OPERATOR);

I much prefer to see our tests and complete codebase without
deprecation warnings, however it seems to be a good idea to keep our
test cases using both the new and deprecated API's until we do the full
clean-up in 2.0.  Having test cases calling deprecated methods allows
us to catch when we screw-up and actually remove a deprecated method.
This happened with QueryParser and the new getter methods recently.

	Erik