lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/test/org/apache/lucene/queryParser TestQueryParser.java
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:54:08 GMT
On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2004 10:54, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> I much prefer to see our tests and complete codebase without
>> deprecation warnings, however it seems to be a good idea to keep our
>> test cases using both the new and deprecated API's until we do the
>> full
>> clean-up in 2.0.
>
> I'd agree, but I'm not sure how that is possible without just copying
> many
> testcases and replacing only the deprecated calls.

Sorry, my message was not quite what I meant.  I didn't mean to
duplicate test cases, but rather leave the test cases calling the
deprecated methods for the time being.  If it is deemed appropriate to
also have a new test case to test the new methods, then even better.

Or maybe we could put together an all-encompassing
TestDeprecatedMethods that at least had calls to all the methods we've
deprecated, but doesn't necessarily test return values or behavior.
Then we could fix all the deprecation warnings in the other test cases
and leave this as the one test that at least the method signatures are
viable (and we can be reasonably sure that if the method signatures
still work that the behavior has not changed, I presume).

	Erik