lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: jdk 1.3 versus jdk 1.4
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:17:52 GMT
What about making Lucene 2.0 require Java 1.4?  I'd think this would be
reasonable.  JDK 1.4.x has proven itself and is the baseline for all
the work I personally do.  Or is this too much of a hardship on a large
number of Lucene users?  Or could those Lucene users be fine with
Lucene 1.x until they can upgrade their JVM?

I'm a fan of breaking backwards compatibility when it is a burden to
keep.

	Erik