lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: Release 1.4.3
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:43:28 GMT
Erik Hatcher schrieb:
> Christoph,
>
> Many thanks for tackling this administrative stuff.
>
> I see the release where you put it, though I have not tried it yet.
>
> Do you see any steps in the process that we could/should automate to
> make this easier in the future?

Maybe we could put md5 and gpg signing stuff into build.xml.

> It would be nice if we could get 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 released properly also,
> just for the sake of completeness.

I created a directory structure as proposed by Apache. Actually it had
alrerady been created by you in July :-)

However, I don`t like it very much. I think it is quite confusing.
Maybe we could have something like in the old download area, a
directory for each version. It seems that the directory structure
does not influence the mirrors. They simply copy everything.

Should all the different versions of Lucene be on the mirrors?
There is a special area for old releases:
archive.apache.org/dist/

Christoph