lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/xdocs index.xml
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:14:26 GMT

Erik Hatcher schrieb:
> On Nov 26, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:
>
>> The distribution will contain docs and API from branch 1.4.3.
>> For the web-page I plan to use docs from the CVS head, but API
>> Javadoc from 1.4.3 branch. Does this sound reasonable?
>

> I think you should use everything from the 1.4.3 branch.

I don't think so. There have been a couple of updates on
xcocs, e.g. changes concerning the file-format. These changes
explicitly say what will change in Lucene 1.9 ....
Furthermore there are changes on whoweare.html

I would overwrite the currently visible web-page with outdated information
if I would use 1.4.3 branch xdocs for it. Note that Javadoc API will be the
one from branch 1.4.3.

>> I did not plan do do anything with the mirrors. I only found
>> the instructions from Wiki, didn't find anything from the general
>> Apache page.
>

> We must start using the release process properly though.  We've abused
> it several times in the past.
>
> Unfortunately the link to the instructions I had is no longer valid and
> I don't know where the procedures are documented on the new wiki:
>
>     http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager
>
> Anyone know where this info currently lives?
>
>>  I also don't know how to make an announcement on
>> www.freshmeat.net. Don't have an account there.
>

> We should not announce the release until we do it properly.  Apache
> infrastructure has spent a lot of time and hard work to make sure we do
> not beat up our servers with downloads from around the world by putting
> the mirroring process into place.  We need to stick with the appropriate
> procedures.
>

> I'm seeing the same thing.  But again, we should not be serving up
> binaries in that manner.  Let's track down the right way to do this.
> I'll send an e-mail to Jakarta PMC and infrastructure to get assistance.

Ok. I will wait with the new release until we get a response form Jakarta
PMC. Thank you Erik.

Christoph