lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@apache.org>
Subject Release 1.4.3
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:00:13 GMT
I think i should finally make Release 1.4.3.

I studied the instructions from Wiki for making releases and
I think I understood most of it. However, since I never made
a release before I have a few questions:

Step 2 from the instructions says:
  2. Update default.properties so that the version property names the
     next release (one beyond the one currently being built) with -dev
     appended.  So if you're making release 1.2rc5, then the version
     property should default to 1.2-rc6-dev.

I presume the default.properties does no longer exist. I just fill in
"1.4.3" as version in the build.xml before building it. Is this ok?

Releases (binaries and sources) are no longer on www.apache.org
/www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/
Only the web-page and the documentation (Javadoc) is there.

Instead they are on cvs.apache.org
/www/cvs.apache.org/dist/jakarta/lucene
Is this correct?

Christoph