lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Quail <m...@ctx.com.au>
Subject I've got some code for the sandbox
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:29:50 GMT
I've got a handful of classes that I've written (and spoken about on
this list), and I occasionally get direct requests from people for that
code.

I figure it might be easier (for me) and more useful (for everyone else)
if this code was in the sandbox (or potentially in the main distribution).

The classes are:

- LongField, LongFieldFilter: similar to DateField but handles *all*
long values

- BitsetQuery and FilteringQuery: takes a filter (or a bitset of docids)
and allows you to use that in a Query. This is a boon for people who try
to use a RangeQuery for dates but get a too-many-boolean-clauses
exception. Simply replace your RangeQuery with a new FilteringQuery(new
DateFilter()).

(I have unit tests for these classes, too)

What is the best way to get something into the sandbox? I can email the
classes to a committer if that is the easiest.

=Matt