lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/xdocs index.xml
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:54:41 GMT
On Nov 26, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:
> The distribution will contain docs and API from branch 1.4.3.
> For the web-page I plan to use docs from the CVS head, but API
> Javadoc from 1.4.3 branch. Does this sound reasonable?

I think you should use everything from the 1.4.3 branch.

> I did not plan do do anything with the mirrors. I only found
> the instructions from Wiki, didn't find anything from the general
> Apache page.

We must start using the release process properly though.  We've abused
it several times in the past.

Unfortunately the link to the instructions I had is no longer valid and
I don't know where the procedures are documented on the new wiki:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager

Anyone know where this info currently lives?

>  I also don't know how to make an announcement on
> www.freshmeat.net. Don't have an account there.

We should not announce the release until we do it properly.  Apache
infrastructure has spent a lot of time and hard work to make sure we do
not beat up our servers with downloads from around the world by putting
the mirroring process into place.  We need to stick with the
appropriate procedures.

> It seems that cvs.apache.org currently is not reachable from browsers.
> It can't be my fault cause so far I didn't do anything :-)
> It's reachable via ssh or ping.

I'm seeing the same thing.  But again, we should not be serving up
binaries in that manner.  Let's track down the right way to do this.
I'll send an e-mail to Jakarta PMC and infrastructure to get
assistance.

	Erik