lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: the future of MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:04:25 GMT
Daniel,

I've already addressed this issue a few months ago on the lucene-users
list.  My improved version of MultiFieldQueryParser is at
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/transient/janssen/SearchTest.java.  It works
with either OR or AND.  I'll file a bug report with this patch.  In
the meantime, the class NewMultiFieldQueryParser in SearchTest.java
will do what you need.  Unfortunately, the change from Lucene 1.4.1 to
1.4.2 inexplicably broke the Lucene API.  I've been told it will be
fixed for 1.4.3, but for now either use 1.4.1, or patch the class for
1.4.2.

Bill