lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject QueryParser and backwards-compatibility
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:40:30 GMT
I have a custom QueryParser subclass that stopped compiling with Lucene
1.4.2 because of a signature change (by goller) to some protected
methods:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/
lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.java?r1=1.14&r2=1.15&diff_format=h

I don't understand why we need to pass the analyzer to these methods -
it is stored as an instance variable.  But at the very least, we need
to retain the original signatures for backwards compatibility (until
Lucene 2.0, of course).

Christoph - could you have a look at this and add the changed
signatures back, or let me know what I'm misunderstanding if I'm
off-base?

Thanks,
	Erik