lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Question about PorterStemFilter class
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:08:00 GMT
On Oct 29, 2004, at 4:04 AM, PROYECTA.Fernandez Garcia, Ivan wrote:
> 	We are using it in our Analyzer class and we have the following
> questions:
> 		1º Why does it change 'y' to 'i' character using parser
> method?.
> 		    Instance: study -> studi

That's what stemmers do.  This allows queries for "study" and "studies"
to match the same documents, for example.

> 		2º In our case, Lucene has searches 50 hits and is showed
> the first one only.
> 		    If I comment new PorterStemFilter(ts) from our Analyzer
> class. All 50 hits is showed. Why?

You haven't provided enough information.   Please provide a simple
short example that shows one document (that currently does not get
found) being indexed along with the code for your analyzer, along with
a sample query that should match but doesn't.

	Erik