lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hager <jha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new version of spell checker
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:54:18 GMT
Nicolas,

The results look a lot better.  Here are the results:

bronw: [bronz, brown, brook, front, blond, bone, brwn]
bruwn: [brown, brwn, brush]
brownz: [bronz, brown]

I used a stemming analyzer to add them to my main index.  Since I am
using this analyzer, the results are just the root results, but that
is to be expected.

Jonathan

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 04:11:46 +0200, Nicolas Maisonneuve
<nico.maisonneuve@free.fr> wrote:
> UPDATE
> - sort fixed (the sort was inversed!)
> - set gram dynamicaly (depending of the length of the word)
> - use the FuzzyQuery score: ((edit distance)/(length of word))
> - new Dictionary interface + LuceneDictionary  and PlaintextDictionary implementation
> - replace addWords method by indexDictionary(Dictionnary dic)
> - add  a new public method: boolean exist(word)
> - add a build.xml
>
> see the wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/SpellChecker
>
> 1 - Could we put the spellchecker to the sandbox.. it'll be easier to maintain than use
Bugzilla/wiki process ?