lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: FuzzyQuery prefix length
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:30:36 GMT
Both sides have good arguments. I am undecisive.
However, the discussion is only about the default. Whatever
we choose, developers using Lucene will stll have all options.

I briefly thought about integrating David Spencer's
ngram-spellchecker into Lucene. It could make FuzyQuery fast AND
complete. However, it would make indexing slower since Lucene would
have to update the additional index of terms and term ngrams.
Furthermore, I don't know a good solution for deleting terms from
this additional index if documents get deleted.

Christoph