lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's the purpose of hashing docid in BooleanScorer; DisjunctionScorer
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:25:58 GMT
Paul Elschot wrote:
> I have a DisjunctionScorer based on a PriorityQueue lying around,
> but I can't benchmark it myself at the moment. In case there is
> interest, I'll gladly adapt it to org.apache.lucene.search and
> add it in bugzilla.

This should look a lot like SpanOrQuery.getSpans().

On a related note, I implemented ConjunctionScorer using Java's
collection classes rather than a Lucene priority queue, just to see if I
could.  It turns out to have to allocate memory in sortScorers() which
makes it slower than it could be, but I have not yet gotten around to
fixing it.  I'd like to re-write this to look like PhraseScorer and
NearSpans, which operate without allocation.

Doug