lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: PhrasePrefixQuery -> MultiPhraseQuery
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:32:07 GMT
Doug Cutting schrieb:
> Daniel Naber wrote:
>
>> I copied PhrasePrefixQuery to MultiPhraseQuery, decprecating
>> PhrasePrefixQuery. The wiki also suggests to make
>> MultipleTermPositions a private nested class. However, it is public
>> currently so I wonder whether we can just remove/deprecate it without
>> offering an alternative. Any opinions?
>

> I don't feel too strongly about this.
>
> I doubt anyone uses this class directly, so we could just remove it and
> wait until we make a 1.9 RC, and see if anyone complains then.
>
> Or we could just leave it public and improve it's javadoc.  It is
> well-named and well-implemented, and may be useful for other things,
> although I can't think what they are...
>
> What do others think?
>
> Doug

I would prefer to leave it public. Though I am currently not using
it, I think it could be usefull. TermDocs and TermPositions are
essential for e.g. computing term correlations. If we have a list of
synonyms we could use MultipleTermPositions to compute correlations
of the whole set of synonyms to other terms.

Christoph