lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser QueryParser.java QueryParser.jj
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:38:31 GMT
Doug Cutting schrieb:
> goller@apache.org wrote:
>
>> goller      2004/10/11 06:36:14
>>
>>   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser Tag:
>> lucene_1_4_2_dev
>>                         QueryParser.java QueryParser.jj
>

> [ ... ]
>
>>   +   * @deprecated use {@link #getFieldQuery(String, String)}
>

> Should these be deprecated in 1.4.3?  I don't think so.  They should be
> deprecated in 1.9 and removed in 2.0, but 1.4.3 should not require
> application changes if possible when upgrading from earlier 1.x releases.
>
> Doug

They don't have to be deprecated in 1.4.3. I would even agree to remove the
new methods (those without the analyzer parameter). However there is Daniels
argument that somebody might already have started using them.

So should we leave both method-types (with and without analyze parameter)
without deprecated property side by side? People then might wonder which
one to use/overwrite.

Christoph