lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PhrasePrefixQuery -> MultiPhraseQuery
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:08:34 GMT
Daniel Naber wrote:
> I copied PhrasePrefixQuery to MultiPhraseQuery, decprecating
> PhrasePrefixQuery. The wiki also suggests to make MultipleTermPositions a
> private nested class. However, it is public currently so I wonder whether
> we can just remove/deprecate it without offering an alternative. Any
> opinions?

I don't feel too strongly about this.

I doubt anyone uses this class directly, so we could just remove it and
wait until we make a 1.9 RC, and see if anyone complains then.

Or we could just leave it public and improve it's javadoc.  It is
well-named and well-implemented, and may be useful for other things,
although I can't think what they are...

What do others think?

Doug