lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: QueryParser and backwards-compatibility
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:46:49 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic schrieb:

>>OK, one more vote needed :-)
>>Maybe we should wait what Doug says.
>

> I agree with what's been said (keep 4 & 5, put back the old methods and
> deprecate them, don't worry about toString()) and I'm for 1.4.3.
>
> Otis

For getFieldQuery and getRangeQuery I did the following:
I inserted the old methods again and deprecated them. They are now calling
their new counterparts and ignore their analyzer-parameter. The parser calls
the deprecated methods so that overwriting the deprecated as well as
overwriting the new methods has the desired effect. Note that the parameter
analyzer never had any effect since the parser always used its own value
for it.

For getFuzzyQuery the situation is a little bit different:
I also inserted the old method. It's deprecated and implemented by calling
the new one with the default value for minSimilarity. The parser calls the
deprecated method if no similarity is specified and the new method if the
user specifies a minimum similarity (e.g. fuzzyterm~0.7 instead of fuzzyterm~)

Erik, could you please verify whether this solves  your problems.

Thanks,
Christoph