lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sandbox -> core ?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:17:55 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> I like this idea.  I don't care so much about 1 or more CVS
> repositories, as much as separate Jars, so if we can make
> analyzers-1.4.2.jar and highlighter-1.4.2.jar along lucene-1.4.2.jar,
> that would be ideal, in my opinion.

A minor point: we should prefix all the jar file names with 'lucene-'.

Also, I think the javadoc should include everything, not just the core.
  That way folks can easily see what's available.  We could group things
to make it clear what's core and what's in auxiliary jars:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/javadoc.html#group

So we might have groups for Core, Analyzers, etc.

However, I still think a separate jar for the highlighter is overkill.

Doug