lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject FuzzyQueries
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:21:53 GMT
As discussed around Spetember 17, I made the following changes
to FuzzyQuery:

1) It is now using a default prefix length of 2 in order to
become usable on big indices. QueryParser has been changed
accordingly. QueryParser allows to set the prefixLength for
FuzzyQueries.

2) It no longer throws TooManyClauses Exception since in
rewrite it now maintains a PriorityQueue of the maxClauseCount
(BooleanQuery) most similar terms and only adds those terms
to the final BooleanQuery. This had been proposed by Doug
recently. The PriorityQueue could of course be made smaller.
I haven't made experiments to determine a good value.

regards,
Christoph